Popular Posts

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunflower Love Captured in a Drawing and Painting

 Hello Everyone,

 Hope you are enjoying Fall and had a good Thanksgiving!  There are so many things to be thankful for such as: family, friends, nature, flowers, cooking, creativity.  My list could go on.  I just looked up what season sunflowers are in bloom at this site flowercalendar.  I was sad to see that sunflowers are coming to the end of their season.  Sunflowers are in season from early May to mid November.  

Sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers to brighten up a space.  Just as the name says they are like a sun, sunny and bright.  The add a instant amount of joy to a room and look lovely arranged by themselves in a vase.  On a Saturday I worked on a little drawing with pencil of a sunflower in a blue vase.  I like the two bright colors together, the yellow and blue.  

I like the drawing just in graphite, yet decided I wanted to capture the bright colors of the flower.  I gave it a go with the watercolors.  The picture turned out to be bright and bold.  It does not look exactly like the flower and vase, yet the process of painting was relaxing and fun.  

I hope this post inspires you to possibly try to draw some flowers you enjoy and maybe add some color as well.   Are there any flowers or food items you enjoy drawing? 











No comments:

Post a Comment