Popular Posts

Monday, June 11, 2012

Bagel Breakfast with Nectarine





Bagels are one of my favorite things for breakfast!  They are filling and can be topped with multiple food items.  For this breakfast, or brunch I decided to try to top one bagel half with whipped cream cheese spread.  The other half of the bagel was topped with a sunny side up egg. 

A tip I discovered to keep the egg yolk from splattering in the pan it to get the pan hot before dropping in the egg.

To add a healthier item to the dish I choose to slice up a nectarine and place that next to the bagel.  Over all this breakfast was filling, tasty, and healthy.

Another healthier option would be to just use the egg white, and scramble it instead.  Then place the scrambled egg white on both sides of the bagel and skip the cream cheese.

Hope you have a good week!  Let me know if you have any breakfast favorites with bagels?

2 comments:

  1. I <3 bagels!

    Try it with cream cheese and cucumbers, lox, hummus or peanut butter and jelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound delicious Laura! I definitely will have to buy some cucumbers and try that tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete